Saturday 11 August 2018

Reconnection

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted.  Much has happened, some of which I’ll share over the next few months but for today I will reconnect both with anyone reading this - pause to reconnect for 30 seconds - that was a mini love hug cuddle lovely moment x.  I’m back in the UK for a long overdue kidney stone removal.  I didn’t want to leave my beloved Kefalonia, my grandkids, my daughter and my quirky Greek house.  Now I am back a day, and back on the fen which I bemoan for its flatness, I now have time to breathe.

And breathing is very much something I am in need of.  This morning, inspired by the gorgeous goddess who is taking her own breathing space in my Greek house, I took my coffee out to the paddock where the sun was shining right in front of me, and I did a sun salutation.  Just one.  That one was the first embodied stretch I have done in a very long time.  Will it make me supple? Of course not.
Not a solitary sun solution on its own.  I then sat with my back to a beautiful tree and did five minutes meditation.  Will that make me more peaceful and stress free?   No not five minutes.  I then walked a short but very beautiful walk along the river and back through the trees with the sun dappling the way for me.  Will that make me fit for my operation next week. No, fit as I need to be.

However, what it did do was to calm my mind, help me ground into the earths energies, reconnect with my soul and Mother Earth.  What it will do, will be to help me start my day in a beautiful gentle and wild way.

And yes, if I do this every day for the next ten days, some things will change, a little, for the better.  I will feel more supple.  I will be more peaceful and I will be just a little bit fitter for my forthcoming operation.



My ego and inner critic came storming in at the first stretch this morning.  The chatter and squawking nearly deafened me.  I smiled and carried on anyway.  The got the message.  This lady is reconnecting no matter what.  They went away shuttering amongst themselves.  This mornings thirty minutes have started a quiet revolution.  I am feeling good.


1 comment:

Drawn by a Star said...

Wonderful Bernie, I'm sure all that you have started to do in prep for the op will help you glide in and out of that hospital with 100.000 angels by your side, 24/7. Much love. Please message me the date and time of your op? xxxx